Why Superannuation is a Big Deal for Your Future
Why Care About Superannuation? Imagine a long, happy retirement – we’re talking possibly 15 years or more! As we’re living longer (men around 81 and women around 85 life expectancy), it’s important to have enough money saved up. Superannuation is your key to a comfortable retirement. It helps you live well after you stop working, much better than just having the Age Pension.
How Superannuation Works for You
Think of superannuation as a special kind of savings you can access when you retire. It usually costs less in taxes than other ways of saving money. If you work for yourself, you can even save on taxes when you add to your super.
What Happens in Your Super Fund
Once your money reaches your super fund, they use it to make more money for you, either in a way they choose or a way you choose. Remember, there are fees for managing your super, like for running the fund and investing your money.
Your Role with Your Super
If you work for someone, your employer must put money into your super account regularly. Keep an eye on your super and make sure it’s growing well for your future. If you’re self-employed, you’ll need to add to your super yourself.
How We Help with Your Super
At Precept, we’re here to make super easy for you. We can help with:
- Bringing together your super accounts to save on fees
- Finding the right investment choices for your goals
- Looking at the best ways to add to your super and maximize your contributions
- Finding ways to boost your super more quickly
- Learning about salary sacrifice benefits and if they are right for you
- Understanding insurance options in super
- Ensure your beneficiary nominations are up-to-date
- Deciding if managing your own super fund is right for you
Finding Your Lost Super
Lost track of your super? No problem. The Australian Tax Office and services like myGov can help you find it. You can also ask past employers about your super.
Let’s Talk About Your Super
To get more advice on superannuation, contact our friendly financial advisers at [Company Name]. We’re here to help you make the most of your super!